Sunday, September 25, 2011

certainly been a long time

well as life has a tendency of moving on, I have greatly missed hanging with my dear friend Samantha at the library and continuing to press on with my genealogical research. I must say the frustrations of the celtic naming system as well as just plain old common place names has been increasingly frustrating. There must be kinsmen out there who can open the doors?!!


RESEARCHING THE FOLLOWING NAMES: too many to list ha!
Sands Stanley, John Patterson, Thomas Riggs, William Riley Riggs, Abraham Riggs, David Ketchum, William Kellum, O C Kidd, Noah Douglas- by the way Karen has deeply searched Douglas.
WOMEN Hannah June Hill, Mittie A Douglas, Lousia Kellum Cook Ketchum.
my mothers people intermarried other family names a LOT! Hickman, Brown, Cook, Ketchum, Kellum- all tennessee, kentucky, missouri, kansas, ok and tx.

The other side are just as frustrating- Grandmother Marybelle Freeman Ketchum 1895-2005 born chicago, cook, illinois- mother Ellen Jane McClaughry married William Aurthur Freeman in
july 10, 1895 in Cook illinois. supposedly they were both workers/volunteers in the salvation army- granny said they saw all kinds of photos of themselves at a fair? in chicago- she said the great fair, but I guess it could of been any kind of large event in a child's eyes. Her father disappeared- we were told bought off, but who knows. I long to connect with any John Curry and ellen jane driscoll descendants. We know nothing of them since he died in the Civil war. was he paid to enlist, or did he oppose the slavery? comming from Ireland, I guess we will never know unless someone else directly descending with documentation comes forward .
CURRY MCCLAUGHRY FREEMAN
my married lines- Collier, Ham, Kelley, Morgan, Berry, Vandiver, Fields, Wood, Parks
loss of family is painful, not just the physical missing of their personality but all the information stored inside their memories. I miss my daddy so much, but also the loss of all the aunts and uncles who live so far away. I love you and miss each and every one of you.
while I reside in Texas, these family members seem to stay primarily in the south for at least 100
years.

No comments:

Post a Comment