Tuesday, June 8, 2010

marva jean passing

well, this is another time to reflect on the loves of those who have now passed on. This is what genealogy is all about- the real reminder of who and what we were upon the earth, and what those who are left behind will remember.

If I had to tell my grandchildren about Nanny, what descriptives would best fit? Fireball, hell on wheels, most generous person I know with "things" -if it made you happy , take it..creampuffs, platnum haircolor, Bealls- and her smoking and loud laugh, her fudge at Christmas, pecan pies, her colorful vocabulary!?!, fear of being alone at the later part of her life and tornadoes. She loved to laugh, and could do the stupidest things to get you to, her quicksilver anger, that was just as easily forgotten. I remember when I was young and before I married her son, she would call me up and say Becky get ready cause I'mma coming! and she would come get me in her cadillac and who knows where we would go. These last three years we had a common bond that cant be described, I guess you could say that we shared the loss of the men in our lives, the disappointments from the people you care the most about, and motherhood and all its nuances. I loved her very much, she could infuriate you , but oh when she was on a roll she was wonderful. I will miss her very much. She was someone you most definitely would never forget. Godspeed Marva Jean Kelley. There will be no fanfare goodbye, just a simple service to bid the passing into night, so fly with the angels home- peace at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment