Saturday, June 5, 2010

I must admit finding time is sometimes a challenge

I love genealogy and it truely is my passion, so this course for me is a real adventure and hopefully will turn into a resource and plethera of clues and kinsmen! LOL ! I am not such a fascinating author that other bloggers or readers would search me out, but perhaps someday I may have information that might help someone else, or even an answer to something they have been looking for.



I searched through my meager photographs to scan some photos, but I have so few. I promise to do my best to at least put the one of my grandfather as a young boy. My uncle Roger Riggs gave it to me and I treasure it more than I can say. I know that he has some others but lives so far away (Ponca City) otherwise I would ask if I could scan them. My uncle Ray has promised to send me the slides my grandparents took so that they can be cataloged and shared, but they havent arrived yet from Ark. BUT! as soon as they do! lol- cant wait!

One of the greatest helps for me (Amazingly!) has been the discovery that I can print quite a few of my familys' death certificates online from http://www.familysearch.org/. There have been moments of frustration when the ones I want so desperately are the ones that wont display , or tell me to try another time. I have contacted the help line, but so far have only gotten the generic message " this is an automated reply" . However it has enormously provided those lost children of aunts and uncles of my nefarious Morgan lines. I just wish that all the states provided these valuable pieces of information online, since it is so hard for many people to get to the library, archives, or even to our county court houses - (working daytime doesnt allow much research time ).



I am still a little timid about adding my own research online because of the " giants" who come steal family trees, but may post at least the basics soon. Once I get it where I can put my hands on it all at once! Anyway I am thrilled at some of the great blogs available out there- if only I could remember how to add them to my favs! : ) see ya next time.. have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment